<< Curriculum Materials
AAC 6 core words books
* Digital PDF Download. You will be provided a download link at completion of purchase.
Research tells us to focus on core vocabulary when teaching beginning communicators who need AAC. Here are 6 therapist written interactive books illustrating how to use 6 of the 25 early core words for AAC users who are beginning communicators. Each book tells about 1 of the words, in 12-18 pages, using a combination of clip art and Symbol Stix.
- a discussion of core vocabulary -There is a document explaining core vocabulary concepts and giving activity ideas for teaching each of the 6 in context.
- a custom die
- an 18 page “Go” book
- a 14 page “Again” book
- a 19 page “All done” book
- a 14 page “Stop” book
- a 14 page “More” book
- a 17 page “No/Not” book
- and icons for interactivity
included also is a die template (about 2.6" cube to be assembled) with one word on each of the 6 faces.
This group of core words is: again, no, go, finished, more, stop.
- There are 2 book pages per printed page.
- There is also the addition of Australian pages for "More, Mum, more!" - using Mum instead of Mom. You can print whichever version works for your location.
Back to top